VerveEarth

Monday, April 7, 2008

Featured Artist: Jamieleto


Check out my newest featured artist
Jamieleto

What do you create?

I knit things, sew little plush squees, write on jeans and make jewelry.


What made you start?
I felt like i needed something to occupy my time, and needed some money.


How long have you been crafting/selling/creating?
About 4 months.

Do you have any short/long term goals?
I want at least 50 sales and 200 hearts by the end of the year.


Describe your craft room/area in three words or less.
Wherever I can.


Do you sell your product? If so, where do you sell? (online and offline)
Yes, I sell at jamieleto.etsy.com

Where can we find you on the net? (myspace, blog, etc.)
I have a myspace page, blog at vox.com, indiepublic, lastfm, among other things. My user name for each is commonly jamieleto.


Is crafting your full time job?
I am a full time student.


What inspires you?
I'm inspired by films, art, music, the environment.

Any crafts you would like to learn or are currently learning?
I want to eventually improve my sewing skills and learn to make clothes, but I'm fine for now.

What is your favorite material(s)?
Felt, acrylic yarn, wool yarn, kitsch charms.

Are you a self taught crafter or have you taken some classes?
My mom taught me to knit. Other than that, no classes.

What is the best gift you have ever received and why?
Best gift ever was life because I love living it.

Apples or oranges?
Oranges because they're juicier and are tangy.

What do you listen to when you are crafting?
The television or some sigur ros, the beatles, rufus wainwright, smashing pumpkins, etc.

Are you a night owl?
I guess I'm fairly nocturnal.

Do you have any other hobbies?
I love filmmaking, collaging, reading, hanging out with friends.

How many people live in your home town/current town?
I'm not sure, but there are enough that we have two high schools, four middle schools and even more elementary schools.


Read anything good lately?
I read a lot. The last book I read was a short story by marcel marceau (yes, the famous mime). It was called pimporello and I did love it.



Do you have kids? If so do you have any tips for other crafting moms/dads?
No, I don't have kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww ! this looks awesome !
thanks so much ! (: