VerveEarth

Monday, March 24, 2008

Featured Artist: Dismantled Fashions

Time to check out another artist.
This week I'll be featuring Dismantledfashions. Read on to learn a little more about her. Then click on her links and show her some love.



What do you create?


Clothing and accessories. My main focus is clothing, all with a
rockabilly/psychobilly style.

How long have you been crafting/selling/creating?

Since 2004. Though, I've only recently gotten serious about it. It's taking off,
that's for sure.

Do you have any short/long term goals?

Short term, just to pay bills! Long term, I'd love to own a boutique one day,
it's always been a dream of mine.

Describe your craft room/area in three words or less.

Organized yet messy.

Do you sell your product? If so, where do you sell? (online and offline)

Yes! I mostly sell on my own website, dismantledfashions.com but also on Ebay and
Etsy.

Where can we find you on the net? (myspace, blog, etc.)

I think I'm everywhere! I'm on..

Myspace: myspace.com/dismantledfashions

Ebay: eburl.net/dismantledfashions

Etsy: dismantledfashions.etsy.com

Model Mayhem: dismantledfashions - member # 221947

Rockabilly Fever: rockabillyfever.com/dismantledfashions



Is crafting your full time job?

Yes, I'm lucky enough to devote all my time to making it big haha! Or at least
trying. Plus, I can't seem to hold a real job anyway..

What inspires you?

Classic old Hollywood glamour, 50's kitsch, juvenile rebellion of the 50's, rock
and roll, all things classy, even more things trashy, horror movies, b movies,
bad girls and those old pulp fiction books.

What is your favorite material(s)?

Cotton and twill. I have such of phobia of lycra or jersey, I love things with
stability. Lace, bows and ribbons, buttons.. pretty much, cute things.



Are you a self taught crafter or have you taken some classes?


Self taught in what I'm doing now. But, I did go to college for
business/marketing, fashion merchandising and general Art. I wasn't cut out for
it though.

What do you listen to when you are crafting?

Anything fast and rocking! Rockabilly, psychobilly, rock n roll, and synthpop are
what I'm rocking these days.

Are you a night owl?

Oh yeah. It's 2am right now!



Read anything good lately?

Yes, in fact! I just finished "Elvis: the Final Years". It's a bio on the real
deal truth about the last few years of Elvis Presley's life, and it was really
amazing. Even a die hard fanatic Elvis fan like myself learned something.


No comments: