VerveEarth

Monday, February 25, 2008

Featured Artist

My first featured artist is MTcoffinz.
Please visit her links and show her some love.

1.What do you create? I mainly make Gothic and alternative clothing and accessories. Lots of tutus, cyber masks with matching hair falls, screen printed bags, corset tops etc.

2.What made you start? It was a hobby that just took over when I wasn't looking.

3.How long have you been crafting/selling/creating? I've been crafting for more years than I care to admit :) MTcoffinz was established online in 1996 and was underground for a few years before that.

4.Describe your craft room/area in three words or less. organized chaos

5.Do you sell your product? If so, where do you sell? I have several of my own online shops as well as having my products in retails shop in several countries.

MTcoffinz.com

MTcoffinz.etsy.com


http://stores.ebay.com/MTCoffinz


6.Where can we find you on the net? I have accounts on Myspace, Livejournal, Vampirefreaks, DIYscene, Vampire Rave, ModelMayhem, etc. My user name is always my Business name MTcoffinz

7.Is crafting your full time job? Yes, and then some :)

8.What inspires you? I am often inspired by music, I go to a lot of concerts and always have a ton of new ideas after being at the show all day or night. Something about the loud music and the energy of the band and the crowd that inspires me.

9.What is your favorite material(s)? I love to work with PVC, and tulle. There aren't many fabrics that I don't like to use, other than fur or leather, I won't use any animal products.

10.Are you a self taught crafter or have you taken some classes? Mainly self-taught. My Mother did teach me the basics of sewing when I was very young, but I mostly just learned by watching and cutting old clothes apart to see how they were made.

11.Apples or oranges? Oranges.

12.What do you listen to when you are crafting? Loud angry rock, industrial, and Gothic music.

13.Are you a night owl? Absolutely!

14.Do you have any other hobbies? Not that I get much time anymore but I do love skydiving, reading, traveling, and just having free time!


Thank you for reading my first featured artist interview. I will be having a new artist featured on my blog every week. Be sure to check back next week for the next interview.

3 comments:

Poisoned Creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Poisoned Creations said...

MTCoffinz is a great artist to start off with!!! I love her stuff

Anonymous said...

Great interview! And what excellent pics - very interesting. Thanks for sharing!