VerveEarth

Monday, March 17, 2008

Featured Artist: Poisoned Creations

Time to check out another artist.
This week I'll be featuring Poisoned Creations. Read on to learn a little more about her. Then click on her links and show her some love.



What do you create?

Baby items like blankets and bibs, clutches, aprons, sock monsters, etc. All with a twist!

What made you start?

My brother and his girlfriend were having twin boys. I made them bibs and blankets with skulls and such on them. Everyone liked them so I just started making them for sale. Turned out to be a great decision.

How long have you been crafting/selling/creating?

Crafting…I can’t even remember it’s been a while. Selling…a little under a year. Almost time for my 1st anniversary.



Do you have any short/long term goals?


I eventually would like to open up a boutique.

Describe your craft room/area in three words or less.

A fabric disaster

Do you sell your product? If so, where do you sell? (online and offline)

I sell online at PoisonedCreations.etsy.com

Where can we find you on the net? (myspace, blog, etc.)

http://PoisonedCreations.etsy.com

http://www.myspace.com/Poisoned_Creations

http://poisonedcreations.blogspot.com/

Is crafting your full time job?

No, not yet. I eventually would love it to be but right now I work full-time doing accounting.

What inspires you?

Culture, music, custom vehicles, tattoos and my friends

Any crafts you would like to learn or are currently learning?

I would love to learn to screen print

What is your favorite material(s)?

Definitely fabric!! Mod Podge would come in second.

Are you a self taught crafter or have you taken some classes?

I learned to sew in home economics but that was just the basics and everything else was self taught or by my mom and grandmother.

What is the best gift you have ever received and why?

Brooke from Crossbones Couture made me a thermal top for a craft swap. It was the first shirt she had made using her new serger and it was prefect!!!!

Apples or oranges?

Oranges but it has to be peeled not cut

What do you listen to when you are crafting?

A variety…just depends on what I am in the mood for. I’m a big 80’s fan so it’s usually on that haha

Do you have any other hobbies?

My husband is a photographer for custom vehicle magazines so usually our weekends consist of car shows or photo shoots.

Do you have kids? If so do you have any tips for other crafting moms/dads?

Yes! I have a 7 year old daughter who says she wants to grow up to be crafty like me. She always has to have the first thing I make if it’s something new. I do give it to her because it makes her feel special. One thing I would say is if your child expresses his/her creativity to let them do it. Don’t get mad when they spill a bottle of glue or make a mess in the process because really that’s a kid for you and you want them to feel proud of their accomplishment.

3 comments:

Poisoned Creations said...

Thanks so much for the feature...you rock!!!

Rosebud Collection said...

what a good feature..I enjoyed it very much.

Brooke said...

Aw......Kim, you just made me cry!!! I love everything that you do.

**ppssstt** Kim is one of the crafty divas that I know and love that inspire me!!