VerveEarth

Friday, April 25, 2008

Blog carnival: Poetry

This weeks etsy bloggers blog carnival is about poetry. I've never really been into poetry. Anytime I write any it is either to be silly or because I had to in school. I remember we had this huge poetry unit in the 8th grade or maybe it was 7th. I can't remember. Anywho, recently I had recovered my poetry books from my mom. We had to write two books full of poems. After reading a few I wonder just how weird of a kid I was...

Poem 1
"When I grow up"
When I grow up, just wait and see
I know you'll be so proud of me.
After school I'll go to college
So then I can get more knowledge.
I will get a fantastic job
So, that way I won't be a slob.
I do not know what I will be
I hope it is the job for me.
My beauty will begin to fade
I'll get old and killed by my maid.

Poem 2
There once was an old man named Bob.
He was a complete and total slob.
He never cleaned a room,
Or picked up a broom.
Forming in his house was a big, green, glob.

Poem 3
There once was an old lady named franey.
Who got up and fell on her fanny.
She fell into a cup,
and tryed to get up,
but to big was old Franey's fanny.

Poem 4
"Anger"
When I'm mad
I wish I was an elephant
So I could stomp on
everyone I was mad at.
I would
Smoosh them like ants
on the sidewalk.
Swinging my trunk at the ones that got away.
Then I would stab them with my tusks.

There is your look into my mind over 13 years ago.. I find them all quite hilarious.



10 comments:

Des said...

OMG! You were a genius! We should start writing about Gimpy :) Maybe we could do kids books!!

Katie L. said...

lol, I love them all! You're my new fav poet :)

CREATEaTHOUGHT said...

Great stuff, even at that age!

Nora said...

I love your poems! especially the fanny one!

Anonymous said...

OK, I want to know why your maid is going to kill you... And where do you get one of those "maid" things anyway. I could use one, even if she does envision my untimely demise.

storybeader said...

I couldn't stop laughing. That brightened up my day.
Thanks! {;-Deb

Andrea said...

Those are great! I was wondering why your maid was dreaming of your demise myself.

glitterstar said...

haha.. I'm not sure why my maid plans on killing me..

Paisley The Jackabee said...

LOL you were a typical kid. Thanks for participating!

Waterrose said...

Well I'll make sure I don't make you mad...for sure!